New Real-Time Update "Widget" on Facebook

Facebook is continuously adding new things on its interface and features. The most popular feature that was added lately was the VideoChat. A friend of mine already used the Video Chat feature of Facebook to chat with her friends abroad.

Now, I noticed another new thing when I made my usual visit to my Facebook account. Here is what I saw:
.

Please click on the photo to see a better view of the image.

Facebook added a widget to the right side of my Facebook "Home" page. The widget shows the latest updates from my contacts in Facebook. The widget is being updated in real-time.

If you click on one of your friend's updates on the widget, you will see this:



Please click on the photo to see a better view of the image.

The status update will expand to show you the whole thread. Using this feature, you can easily comment on the thread without the to look for it one your FB Home page.

This new feature of Facebook is pretty neat because you can see the updates from your friends in real-time. It will also be helpful for the FB users to see friend's updates that were already buried by loads of other FB statuses and updates on your FB page.

Their is only something that makes me think with this new feature of Facebook. It looks very similar with Twitter.

---

3 Response to "New Real-Time Update "Widget" on Facebook"

  1. I find myself coming to your web log increasingly frequently to the point where my visits are just about day-after-day today!

    oure so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting this up. this website is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality. useful job for bringing something new to the internet!

    I like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly. I’m quite certain I will learn plenty of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!