Missing Comments on Blogger

This night (July 6, Philippine time zone), I was dismayed to discover that some of the comments from blogger friends are not showing up on my blog. No matter how I try to refresh the page, no comments are being shown. An example of the blog post that is experiencing this kind of problem is my blog post entitled, "Tips on Taking UPCAT, ACET, DLSUCET and other College Entrance Exams."

My friend Nicxter posted a comment on that post and I approved it just this night. I received an e-mail that notified me that the comment was posted.

However, when I go to to my blog, the comment is missing. I tried posting comments on that post but my own comments are also missing. I opened my blog both on Firefox and Google Chrome but the problem persisted. I somehow proved that the problem is not on the browser but on Blogger.

When I go to Blogger's forum page, I discovered that I am not the only one who is experiencing this problem. There many bloggers who also have comments missing on their blogs and many thread were opened to find the solution to this problem. However, there is still no solution and I was just consigned to report to Blogger my problem through the Blogger forum and "Report Problem" page.

The "Missing Comment" problem is a systemwide problem of Blogger. The company said that their engineers are now working to fix the "Missing Comment" problem. I just do hope their solution will not make the comments of my readers to be deleted.

How about you? Did you experienced the same problem? Do you have a solution for the problem of missing comments? Please share it with us.

5 Response to "Missing Comments on Blogger"

  1. [SK] says:

    yeah, i face the same problem too.. the count and the number of comments do not match, readers comment not showing up, my own comments in my post not showing up, and my comments in other blogs not showing up..

    this is not the first time.. and i have no doubt this is blogger's system problem..

    yes.. i got the same problem..

    Hey SK and Bujang:

    Hope your problems were fixed already. The comments on my blog are now showing up and my blog is back to normal.

    As of this moment, everything is back to normal. Let me see some explanation from blogger.

    Whoa! That is scary if your blog is the that went missing. Regarding the comments on my blogs, it is just a small glitch and Blogger already fixed it.

    I encounter the same problem too, anyway it was a good thought.